What Are My Options For Dental Veneers?
posted: Sep. 09, 2021.
Are you considering getting dental veneers? Find out what options you have. Dental veneers are one of the many forms of cosmetic dentistry available to help you restore your smile. Veneers are a popular choice for those with chipped teeth, gapped teeth, or misshapen teeth. However, what kind of dental veneers can you get? Also, what are dental veneers? We answer all of your questions in today’s blog. When you’re ready to take the next step and get dental veneers, call Dr. Kaveh Kanani. Dr. Kanani has been helping patients perfect their smiles for over ten years. He can help you get the smile you deserve with dental veneers.
WHAT ARE DENTAL VENEERS?
For patients who want to improve their smiles, dental veneers are a great and simple option. Dental veneers are thin covers that a dentist adheres to your teeth to provide a natural look. You can use veneers to correct a variety of dental issues, including:
– You can’t whiten stained teeth
– Chipped or worn teeth
– Teeth that are misshapen or crooked
– Uneven spaces or significant gaps between the upper front teeth
Dentists make veneers out of either porcelain or composite resin material. In today’s blog, we’ll go into detail about both veneer options. Around the Corner Dental Spa offers a variety of dental veneer options. Talk to Dr. Kanani about the possibility that’s best for you. Each type of veneer has its benefits.
WHAT ARE PORCELAIN VENEERS?
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell is one that is custom-made to fit on your tooth. Porcelain veneers can be an effective and less costly way to hide minor imperfections on your teeth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN VENEERS?
Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting. Additionally, porcelain veneers have a natural-looking surface. Another benefit of porcelain veneers is that your dentist will remove less tooth enamel than with a crown or a cap. Lastly, porcelain veneers don’t stain easily.
HOW DO DENTISTS PLACE PORCELAIN VENEERS?
There is a several step process for placing porcelain veneers. Your Tarzana cosmetic dentist will walk you through the process of getting treatment for porcelain veneers. Here is an overview of what to expect from the procedure.
– Your dentist will prepare your teeth by removing a small amount of enamel from the front and sides. Enamel removal will make room for the veneers, so your teeth look natural.
– Next, your dentist makes an impression, or mold, of your prepared teeth. Your dentist will also determine which veneer shade will be best for your smile.
– The dentist will send an impression to the lab to custom-make porcelain veneers that fit your teeth. It may take several days to get your veneers back from the lab. While you’re waiting, the dentist may give you temporary veneers to wear in the meantime.
THE PROCESS OF PLACING YOUR PORCELAIN VENEERS
Once you have your veneers back from the lab, your dentist will place them and check for fit and shape. Your dentist will make any necessary adjustments to ensure they fit well. After your dentist makes any adjustments, he will clean your teeth and bond the veneers to your tooth. Following the placement of the veneers, your dentist will ask you to come back to make any further changes.
WHAT ARE COMPOSITE RESIN VENEERS?
Dentists make composite resin veneers from a tooth-colored filling material that’s bonded to the tooth. With composite resin veneers, color matching, contours, and thickness can sometimes be a challenge. However, dentists can also readily repair composite resins.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COMPOSITE RESIN VENEERS?
The benefits of composite resin veneers include:
– Your dentist removes less tooth enamel than with crows or porcelain veneers
– Fewer required visits to the dentist
– You can get the composite resin veneers process done in just one visit
– Less costly than porcelain veneers
– Composite resin veneers are more natural to fix if they get damaged. However, composite resin veneers are typically not as strong or durable as porcelain veneers.
PROCESS OF PLACING COMPOSITE RESIN VENEERS
There are fewer steps in placing composite resin veneers:
– Once teeth are prepared or reshaped, the dentist bonds and sculpts the composite material. Your dentist will be sure to match the color of your bonding to your tooth.
– The dentist uses a special light to harden the composite and bond it to your teeth.
– Composite resin veneers are smoothed and polished to look like natural teeth.
What To Know Before You Get Cosmetic Veneers
Your dentist will give you information regarding how to prepare for your cosmetic veneers. However, before you go in for your veneer appointment, here are some things to note:
– Your teeth and gums should be in good shape before getting veneers. If you have any signs of disease or decay, your dentist will treat you before placing the veneers.
– If you clench or grind your teeth, veneers are not always the right choice. Because veneers are thin, if you grind or clench your teeth, they can chip or break. If you do grind or clench your teeth, your dentist may suggest wearing a plastic dental night guard while sleeping.
– Once your dentist removes enamel, the enamel goes away for good.
– Veneers can come loose over time. If your veneers do come loose, you may need replacement veneers.
– Make sure to discuss all your expectations and treatment options with your dentist. Regular dental visits are necessary to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
WHAT TO KNOW AFTER YOU GET YOUR DENTAL VENEERS
After your dental veneer procedure, your dentist will provide you with the information necessary to keep them in good shape. However, it’s essential to keep the following factors in mind for post-procedure care of your dental veneers.
– Veneers may chip or break under pressure. You should avoid biting your fingernails and chewing on hard items, like pencils or ice.
– It can take you a few days to get used to the feel of your veneers. If your bite doesn’t feel right after the veneer has been placed, let your dentist know. Your dentist will correct before you leave the office.
– Make sure to keep your gums clean by brushing and flossing every day. It’s possible to still get cavities under or around your veneers. When purchasing dental care products, look for those that show the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance. The seal of acceptance notes that the product meets ADA standards for safety and effectiveness.
INTERESTED IN DENTAL VENEERS? CONTACT DR. KAVEH KANANI TODAY FOR FREE CONSULTATION
If you’re interested in determining if dental veneers are right for you, call Dr. Kanani today. The team at Around the Corner Dental Spa is offering free consultations in their eco-friendly Tarzana dental office.